As writers and bloggers, we often forget what is most important is not what is on the computer screen in front of us but rather the family whose back our desk chair is oftentimes turned away from. If contributing to the Happy Wives Club ever pulls you away from time with your family…please stop…immediately…and resume to what is most important. Although we will be sad to see you go, we will most certainly understand, and someone will most certainly pick up where you left off.
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
Topics include, in all aspects, shining a positive and loving light through:
Food (recipes and reviews)
- Slow Cooker Recipes
- Tasty Vegan Recipes
- Sweets & Treats (all about desserts and baked goods)
- Cooking with 5 Ingredients or Less
- Delicious Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
- Healthy Yet Yummy
Date Nights (creative date night ideas)
- Date Night at Home
- Free or Frugal Date Night
- Best Date Night Ideas – Ever!
- Anniversary Ideas
- Romantic Letter or Notes Ideas
- Out on the Town
- Movie Reviews
- Family-Friendly Travel
- Games for the Entire Family
- Family Outings
Health & Fitness (this category is currently closed and managed exclusively by Olympian, Annett Davis)
- Posts must be 300-450 words.
- Break paragraphs up (3-4 sentences per paragraph)
- Use bold type to draw out important points
- Use bullet points and numbered lists where necessary
- Posts may not be published elsewhere. It must be a new post.
- Posts may not belittle or put down people or their ideas, directly or indirectly.
- Include 1 photo in your post. We prefer a personal photo of great quality. But in the absence of that, you may choose from any photo on thinkstockphotos.com and include the item number in your post (e.g. “Insert Photo here: Item #…)
- Other Resources highly recommended: Anatomy Of An Effective Blog Post by Michael Hyatt
- Please add your name and link back to your blog at the bottom of your post (e.g. Make it a great day! Fawn @ Happy Wives Club)
- Please share a small excerpt of your post the day it goes live, on your blog, with a link back to your post on Happy Wives Club.
- Please have your posts in by the 20th of the previous month.
- You can start drafting your post in WordPress the moment you receive your personal user login. You will not be able to schedule your post but you can “submit for review”.
If after reading the above, you still want to apply, we’d love to consider you!