Ordinarily, I introduce every HWC contributor and guest writer that joins us. But I feel as though so many of you know Annett Davis by now that there’s no need.
Former Olympian. Our Health and Fitness editor. Happy Wife. Homeschoolin’ momma to two of the most brilliant children I’ve ever encountered. She’s just an all-around amazing person.
From she and her incredibly talented husband, Byron, I’ve learned so much about cherishing the important things in life. And…I just realized in my attempt not to give an intro…I just gave one.
So I’ll say just one more thing (might as well at this point…). While reading this post from Annett, I began clapping my hands when I got to a particular part. But I’ll let you guess which part.
Until tomorrow…make it a great day!
I’ve really been enjoying the Happy Wives Club Holiday Series, haven’t you?
Typically, ’tis the season to stress out to the max! With holiday parties to plan and attend, hundreds of gifts to buy, family and friends to visit, decorations to put up, and 1000 cookies to bake, who wouldn’t be stressed out?
With all that you have going on, there are ways to help you stress- less. One of my husband’s favorite ways (and now mine) is Sexercise!
Yep, you read that correctly sex can help to reduce your stress levels.
I know, I know. You were just reminded of all the things you have to do, and now I add on another thing to your list. Well, it’s time to flip the switch and instead of thinking of sex as a chore… think about it as a GREAT benefit to you and your hubby (and your secret weapon to eliminating stress).
1. Happy Hormones are released when you have sex, oxytocin and endorphins to be exact. Calming hormones are released in your body which can help to lower your blood pressure as well. (FYI, solo acts don’t have this effect, only partner sex with your hubby.)
2. Kissing, cuddling, and hugging can help relieve stress too. Studies show that couples that kiss, cuddle, and touch more are less depressed and stressed than their non-touchy feely counterparts. In fact, couples that kiss a lot are eight times less likely to be stressed!
Keep the smooching going ladies, especially in the tough stressful times (this will also keep your hubby in a good mood too).
3. Sex can keep you healthy! During the holidays the last thing anyone wants is to get sick. There’s just too much to do. Ain’t nobody got time for that! Sex releases a hormone that helps you ward off germs and viruses, helping to keep you healthy. Being free of illness is a great stress reliever in itself.
4. Less is More! I bet you thought I was going to say, having less sex is better for you. No silly! In fact, the more sex you have the more it will benefit you. The more you have the less stressed you’ll become.
It is true that sometimes we get a little anxiety (stress) that comes on right before having sex. But, the more sex we have over time that decreases, which means you will lower the amount of cortisol in your body. That is a good thing since chronic stress can lead to heart disease, weight gain, and other things we don’t want. More sex = less cortisol and in this case, less is well…more (it’s better for you).
5. Good sex and a good mood seem to go hand in hand. Research has shown that after a woman has sex not only is she less stressed that day, but women also tend to be in a better mood the following day. What’s even better is the fact that when you are in a good mood, it leads to more sex.
(I know your husband will probably be standing up applauding me after you tell him this.)
Now, I don’t want to come across as a sex crazed looney. (Believe me, I’m not.) My point is that science proves that making love to your love is a great way to immediately lessen stress…even the holiday kind.
Sex does wonders for your hormones, and lowers your cortisol levels which is directly correlated to stress and anxiety. Sexercise increases your ability to relax and let go of the stress, simultaneously giving you some of the same benefits that exercise has on your body. It’s a win-win!
Well what are you waiting for? Get to it!
Thank me later.
Ordinarily, I introduce every HWC contributor and guest writer that joins us. But I feel as though so many of you know Annett Davis by now …
On Wednesday, when I sat down to write 7 Ways to Create a Stress-Less Marriage During the Holidays, I had no idea HWC contributor, Kim Hall, …
Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays which is why I am so excited right now. Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie for …
Years ago, a movie came out called Why Did I Get Married? The ads indicated there would be plenty of drama but also a redemptive quality …
Earlier this week, I let the cat out of the bag in our weekly newsletter that Happy Wives Club has gotten behind something really BIG that …