The 5 Minute Exercise Every Couple Should Do
Recently, after my mom discovered the letter my father wrote to her years before he passed away telling her everything he would possibly want to say in his final 5 minutes on earth, I decided to do the same exercise. Yesterday, I imagined I’d breathed my last breathe and was standing at the pearly gates of heaven. Before entering, God met me at the gates, “I know you love Keith and there are some words you wished you’d said before I brought you to me. So I’m allowing you to return…but only for 5 minutes…to say all there is for you to say.”
I took out a pencil and sheet of paper, set the timer on my iPhone to 5 minutes -and with tears streaming down my eyes at the thought of no longer being with him -this is what was written:
My Love, My Sweet Love,
I only have 5 minutes to say all there is to say and I don’t want to waste even a second. The first two words that come to mind are thank you. Thank you for all the piggy back rides, thank you for looking into my eyes every day and letting me know you love me more than anything else in this world (even yourself). Thank you for allowing me to stand on your toes with my arms wrapped around your neck as you’d dance around the room while I sang whatever song was in my head.
Thank you for loving me in spite of me. In spite of my flaws, mistakes and idiosyncrasies. Thank you for taking care of me, every bit of me, every day from the moment we first met. Thank you for honoring my commitment to God to…
That’s it. That’s all I could get written in 5 minutes. There’s so much more I’d want to say. I didn’t even get a chance to say I love you. But here’s the blessing, and the reason I can dry my eyes, is I can speak so much faster than I can write and I still have this moment to say those three words and so many more.
Maybe that’s why I’m unabashedly and unapologetically in love with my husband. While many women hold back and are measured in the love they are willing to give away, I am giving him my all. Yes, I’m a strong woman, an independent businesswoman, but my strength is not shown by how much I hold back. It’s shown by how much I give.
CHALLENGE: Set your timer for 5 minutes, write down all you’d want to say to your husband in those final moments, and then give it to your husband tonight. On Thursday, come back and share a bit of that letter with us and automatically be entered to win a Fandango Dinner & Movie package.
Until tomorrow…make it a great day!
Why I Love My Husband (the never-ending list):
126. He has loved me so well, 5 minutes could never be enough to tell him how much his love has meant to me.
127. He’s always looking out for my best interest and thinks about how everything he does might impact me (and he thinks about this before he does something).
128. He indulges me in conversations about our children (their personalities, names, bedroom colors) even though we both know we may never be able to have children of our own.
129. He makes me smile. Daily. Many times each day.
130. While I was setting my timer to write the above letter to him, he wrote me a text that simply said, “I love u.”
Join me in creating your own Why I Love My Husband list and share it on your Blog, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest pages. Just grab the button below and tell everyone all the reasons you love, adore and cherish your husband.
COMMENTS: With more than 90,000 Happy Wives Club members already actively engaged on our Facebook Community page, what better place to share your thoughts? Join me there and let’s continue the conversation.
Latest posts by Fawn Weaver (see all)
- Top 5 Regrets From the Dying: An Inspirational Article For Us All - November 12, 2017
- How to Protect Your Marriage During Challenging Times - October 19, 2017
- 5 Unique Ways to Make Your Man Feel Special in 5 Minutes or Less - September 16, 2017