5 Steps in 5 Days to a Happier Husband
Toward the end of last year, I had the pleasure of meeting a writer by the name of Kathi Lipp. I was instantly drawn to her because she was funny, witty and completely down-to-earth. Making me laugh is not difficult to do (you’ve probably noticed I do my best to find beauty and humor in just about everything) but there was still something about Kathi that made me want to instantly become friends. And so we did.
I am delighted to have the opportunity to introduce you to our guest blogger for the day, Kathi Lipp. It is my sincere hope you’ll enjoy her wisdom just as much as I do.
Until tomorrow…make it a great day!
For most of my marriage, I thought that the kind of marriage I had was the kind of marriage I would always have. It was good, but not great. It was solidly in the “fine” category. And for the most part, I was “fine” with that.
That was, until I had coffee with one of the women of my church. She and her husband were the kind of couple that I wanted me and my husband to be when we got older: desperately in love and each other’s best friends.
That’s when she told me her secret: She worked at her marriage. Every day she would analyze what was going on with her and her hubby and how she could make it better.
So I took her advice. I started to be married “on purpose” to my man. Here is a 5 day plan for a little marriage enhancement – to take your own marriage from good to great.
For 5 Days:
- Only hang out with women who talk well about their husbands. We become who we hang out with, and if you going out to lunch with women who talk down their men, it will be so much easier to do the same. Hang out with women who understand the power of their words to build their men up.
- Find one thing to encourage him about every day. When you have to find something good in your man, you start seeing loads of good things about him. It’s like buying a new car and seeing the same model everywhere you go. It’s because you’re now looking for it.
- Brag on him to someone he cares about. His mom, his friends, his kids. When you call out something good in your man, and it gets back to him, it changes the way your husband walks through the world.
- Do one nice thing for him a day – without expecting him to notice. It could be setting the coffee pot up the night before so it’s ready for when he gets up to go to work. Or making something for dinner that you know he likes. Or just picking up his favorite candy bar. Something small, something simple.
- Initiate sex. Just once in the five days. That should be surprising enough.
While I understand the steps are simple, they are not always easy. Get a friend to work together with you and keep you encouraged throughout the five days. You – and your husbands – will be grateful you did.
Kathi Lipp is a national speaker and writer. She is the author of The Husband Project and six other books. Join her over at her blog for more practical ways to encourage your man. When you subscribe to her blog you will also receive the 14 Ways to a Happier Husband E-book download with 20 pages of ways to make your husband the happiest guy on the block.
COMMENTS: With more than 94,000 Happy Wives Club members already actively engaged on our Facebook Community page, what better place to share your thoughts? Join me there and let’s continue the conversation.
Latest posts by Fawn Weaver (see all)
- Top 5 Regrets From the Dying: An Inspirational Article For Us All - November 12, 2017
- How to Protect Your Marriage During Challenging Times - October 19, 2017
- 5 Unique Ways to Make Your Man Feel Special in 5 Minutes or Less - September 16, 2017