5 Fun Ways to Get Fit With Your Man
What could be better than revving up your metabolism while boosting your sex life? Well, when I think about it, probably not much. BUT, she has given us something else to look forward to this summer!
Even if you’re not a fan of exercise, just like her post on sexercise, she’s giving us a sneaky way to enjoy time with our spouses while burning some calories.
Until tomorrow…make it a great day!
As soon as I read the Happy Wives Club book, there was one marriage secret that jumped out at me. Well, really, it wasn’t a secret as much as it was something Fawn noticed in all the wives she interviewed around the world: it seemed as though they’d tapped into the fountain of youth.
One thing happily married couples have in common is that they really enjoy each other’s presence (a lot), which can help keep them young. And there’s just something about those endorphins from laughing and enjoying life together.
Bottom line: a happy marriage = years off your life (seriously, there have been tons of studies done on this by Mayo Clinic and so many others which confirm that those happily married live longer and healthier lives than singles).
Personally, there is no other person in the world that I would rather be with for extended periods of time than my husband.
If you are like me, and love to spend time with your man, why not get fit with him as well?
Currently, my husband and I are doing P90x3 together with some other couples in my virtual fitness accountability group and are loving it! Sometimes it can be tough if your hubby is extremely intense working out, like mine can be, but it can also be a lot of FUN!
There’s nothing more special than getting healthy together. So here they are…
5 Ways to Get Fit With Your Man (while having fun!)
1. Tandem Biking is a fun way to enjoy the great outdoors with your hubby. It involves trust and teamwork. If you are near the beach or a lake, small shops usually rent these. If you aren’t near the water just grab your own single rider bikes and go on a bike ride together through your city.
2. Two-Person Kayaking is another great way to enjoy a beautiful day. You can usually rent them from a sporting goods store, or if you decide to go often, they are fairly inexpensive. Head out to your nearest body of water (make sure you follow local rules) and have a great time enjoying the water.
3. Couples Fun Run is something you can do in many different settings. There are tons of 5 and 10K runs that a couple can do together. For instance, there are mud runs, zombie runs, color runs, and even Disney runs. It would be fun to pick 2 different runs a year. The first one being his choice and the second yours. It can become something you both look forward to every year.
4. Hiking in picturesque areas like mountains, beaches, or through the forest can not only give you a great workout, but will also create some amazing memories. During your hike make sure you take some time to stop and enjoy the sights and sounds – share your thoughts and dreams and enjoy each others company.
5. Dance Class can really test your relationship (in a good way). When dancing you must learn to trust, and to let him lead (which can be tough for some of us). You’ll both learn new things, and burn a ton of calories. This can also turn into a weekly date night! My husband and I signed up for a 6 week course, it was the BEST thing we’ve ever done.
YOUR TURN: What types of workouts do you and your husband do together?
THE NEW YORK TIMES® BEST-SELLING BOOK: It’s been described as, “Like Eat, Pray, Love but not down on marriage.” Make sure to check out the Happy Wives Club book. I had the great honor of traveling to 12 countries on 6 continents, interviewing couples happily married 25 years or more, with 1 mission only: to find out what makes marriages happy…and keeps them that way. It’s a marriage book line none other. Guaranteed.
Latest posts by Annett Davis (see all)
- How to Make Date Nights Happen When You’re Parents: Kid Swap!! - March 8, 2017
- How to Get Motivated to Workout - March 11, 2016
- Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing - September 27, 2015