I have such fond memories of my maternal great grandmother. Grandma Pruitt came to our house frequently.
There was a recipe my dad created that Grandma Pruitt loved!
She would always eat several pieces.
Dad made it for her every time she came over. So I am going to share it with you.
It is one of my favorite things! (and sooo simple!!)
Grandma Pruitt’s Tender Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast
- Jar of Miracle Whip (or salad dressing)
- Bottle of Italian salad dressing
- Lemon pepper
- garlic powder
You will need to marinate chicken first. Lightly dust chicken with the lemon pepper and garlic powder. In a bowl that you can cover put the chicken in there and pour a little less than half of the Italian salad dressing. Cover and place in the refrigerator. Let sit for a few hours – or longer if you decide. I usually leave it soaking while I’m at work.
Sauce: (Amounts can be altered depending your own taste)
- Add 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip
- Add the remainder of the Italian dressing
- Mix it and it’s ready. As far as consistency it needs to be thin enough to go over chicken and have some in the bottom of the pan. Just needs to be placed in a medium/smaller size pan. A little deep for sauce.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Pour sauce over chicken
- Bake until done (40-45 minutes) – I like mine crispy
That is it! See how simple? It is so good! I usually pair it up with a good salad and maybe some rolls or biscuits.
Let me know how you like it.
What’s your favorite chicken recipe?
Come visit me over at Aunt LaLa !