This year my husband and I will celebrate ten years of marriage, sixteen years together as a couple, and twenty-one years of friendship (yeah, we met when we were five *wink*). Ten years of marriage was definitely a milestone I was looking to celebrate when we said “I do” in 2005. And the fact that it’s just around the corner seems unreal to me because it truly has flown by.
Now, I know for those who have been in the marriage game for many years or decades longer, ten years is rookie business. But every year that my husband and I are together, we grow closer and fall more in love with one another.
I wish for everyone to experience the same type of love that my husband and I have, and so many other people have right here in the Happy Wives Club community and beyond. Someone recently asked me for relationship advice, and it got me thinking about all the reasons I fell in love and continue to fall in love with my husband.
So, if you’re still searching for love, here are 20 people you should fall in love with:
1. Someone who loves the sound of your laugh and wants to hear it all the time. Even if it’s quirky or annoying to some, that person you fall in love with can’t get enough of it.
2. Someone who is not afraid to hold your hands in public & show you off. When it comes to PDA, the person you fall in love with doesn’t shy away from the soft touches to make sure everyone knows they are proud to be with you.
3. Someone who makes you wonder how you got so blessed. The person you fall in love with should you feel more special than you ever thought possible.
4. Someone who isn’t afraid to push you to do better and be better than they are. The person you fall in love with is not easily phased by “titles” or “roles”. They are comfortable enough in their own skin and don’t mind you being in the spotlight.
5. Someone who sees past your flaws and focuses on your heart. The person you fall in love with never dwells on your flaws. Instead, they help you see past your own by focusing on your attributes.
6. Someone who would never want to hurt you. Whether physically or mentally, the person you fall in love with should hold you in such high regard, that the thought of you getting hurt pains them.
7. Someone who knows what you need without you ever having to say a word. The person you fall in love with will learn to get in tune with your needs because they pay attention & want to anticipate your needs.
8. Someone who easily puts a smile on your face. The person you fall in love with should make you smile at just the very thought of them.
9. Someone who cares about the little details. The person you fall in love with wants to know things like your favorite color or if you like tea or coffee.
10. Someone who your children want to be around all the time. The person you fall in love with will also be head over heels in love with your children, and they with him/her.
11. Someone who doesn’t try to change who you are. The person you fall in love with thinks you’re perfect, and loves you exactly as you are.
12. Someone who inspires you in your spiritual journey. Regardless of beliefs or differences, the person you fall in love with will inspire your faith and spiritual journey.
13. Someone who will always respect you. The person you fall in love with may not always agree with you, but they will never intentionally disrespect you.
14. Someone who makes you feel beautiful. The person you fall in love with makes you feel beautiful whether you’re dressed up with makeup on, or just waking up in the morning with your hair all over the place.
15. Someone who makes you feel safe and secure. The person you fall in love with will always make you feel like there’s nowhere safer to be than in their arms.
16. Someone who makes you laugh until your stomach hurts. Laughter is the best medicine, after all. And the person you fall in love with knows how to have a good time and not take everything so seriously.
17. Someone who you couldn’t imagine life without. The person you fall in love with should fulfill a joy in your life that would be void if they were not in it.
18. Someone who chooses to be happy. The person you fall in love with won’t need convincing in the “happy” department. They will look for happiness in all situations.
19. Someone who you want to wake up to every morning. The person you fall in love with, will continue to give you those butterflies year after year.
10. Someone who shares their dreams. The person you fall in love with openly and honestly shares their biggest dreams with you.
What characteristics make you fall in love with your spouse over and over again?