50 Reasons to be Grateful for Your Husband
I cannot believe Thanksgiving is already upon us. Is it just me or did this year fly by faster than the road runner?
Like many, Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays.
For one, Keith and I are royally spoiled by his mother who prepares a feast for more than 60 people – his side of the family and mine.
Three rotisserie turkeys (Keith actually makes these), three oven baked turkeys, two homemade carmelized hams, beef brisket – and that’s just the meats. We won’t even begin to talk about the side dishes and desserts (which last year topped a whopping 20).
My mom-in-love enjoys cooking for Thanksgiving like I enjoy sleeping in the day after. And although I don’t join her for the cooking festivities, I fully get into the spirit of the holiday – the real meaning of it…gratitude.
If I were to begin a list right now of all the things I’m grateful for from this past year, I would still be writing come this time tomorrow.
Following a lunch meeting today at this fabulous restaurant in Venice called The Gratitude Cafe, one of the participants said, “Okay, before we leave, we have to answer the question written on all of the plates here. What are you grateful for?”
I paused to think for a moment and before I could give my response, Sosie (who was there with her handsome husband and business partner) blurted, “Our husbands!”
Yes, our husbands.
When I think of my husband, and the amazing man he is, I can easily come up with 50 reasons I am grateful for him. But really, how would that benefit you? Not to mention, by the time I got to the end of my list, who would believe me anyway? (Keith is pretty amazing, you know?)
So here’s what I’d love for us to do between now and Thanksgiving. Each day, take time to write 7 reasons you’re grateful for your husband. In seven days, you would have written 49 reasons. Then on the eighth day, Thanksgiving, write one more reason you are grateful for that wonderful man of yours.
Of course, he’s flawed. Aren’t we all? But taking the time to focus on all the reasons you have to be grateful, and specifically for him, you’ll be reminded daily of how fortunate you are…to be loved by him.
I’m going to start my list here to get our “grateful juices” flowing. Then, I trust, you’ll finish this list for yourself:
1. I am grateful to have a teammate in this lifetime. ”There is no ‘i’ in ‘we’” may be a cliche for some, but for my husband that is his only way of life.
2. I am grateful for his humility. I learn from him every day.
3. I am grateful for him completely stepping out of his comfort zone and writing this awesome blog post on Monday (his first time ever!): Happy Husbands Club.
4. Not only did he write that post challenging us all to do one special thing every day this week for our spouse, he did it. The first day, I went to my car to leave for an appointment only to find that he’d taken it out first thing in the morning and filled up the gas tank. On the second day, he cleaned our entire place before heading to work. Today is day three so I can’t wait until he comes home so I can see what today’s “special” thing will be.
5. I am grateful that he chose me. He’s quite a catch and any woman in the world would have been lucky to have and to hold. But he chose me…until the end of time.
Take out your pen and pad and let’s get to writing. And on Thanksgiving when you’re going around the table saying all the things you’re grateful for, you can say a few of the items on the list and then hand him the note (so no one gets mad at you for holding up the meal).
Until tomorrow…make it a great day!
Latest posts by Fawn Weaver (see all)
- Top 5 Regrets From the Dying: An Inspirational Article For Us All - November 14, 2016
- How to Protect Your Marriage During Challenging Times - August 19, 2016
- 5 Unique Ways to Make Your Man Feel Special in 5 Minutes or Less - July 16, 2016