I have had the opportunity to visit some amazing places – from Tahiti to Tampa. And yes, Tahiti was more exotic, but my opinion is that there is beauty everywhere we go.
Like any well-worn traveler, we must start with the preparation for the trip. A little planning before you leave home will ensure your time away is spent making memories and not in line at the drug store because you forgot to pack your toothpaste.
Oh, and expect detours. Sometimes they are the best part of the trip.
Now here are my top 5 personal travel tips that will work anywhere you are going in this beautiful world.
- Set a Positive Intention. Since I’m a Life Coach as well as a blogger, I start everything with mental preparation first. When starting any important journey it’s always wise to set your intention for it first. Set the intention you will have a great time no matter what happens and it won’t matter if your plane is delayed or your taxi gets lost – you and your hubby, or whoever you are travelling with, can make the most of it and smile during the detours.
- Take snacks. Your flight might be full. That last meal available may not be edible. You never know if your flight will arrive late and the airport kiosks will be closed. Room service might be shut down by the time you arrive at your hotel. Pack snacks. You can thank me later.
- Carry On Any Special Event Clothes. If you are going to a wedding or any kind of special event that requires a certain type of clothing, take those clothes with you in your carry on. Don’t be the girl who is at Walmart at 10 o’clock at night buying everything from shoes to underwear because you can’t wear your Superman T-shirt to a very formal church event on Sunday. I have been that girl. It’s not fun. Special Event = Clothes that never leave your sight.
- Check the weather. I know it sounds so simple. Why would I remind you of this? Because New York can be unseasonably warm. Miami can be unexpectedly cold. Check the weather and you won’t have any surprises you didn’t plan for.
- Travel in Comfortable Shoes. We have all seen the lovelies in stilettos at the airport. I bet they look great going from gate A2 to G49. I also bet all that walking is like slow, simmering torture. This is not the red carpet. Wear shoes you could run in – you never know when you might have to.
We would love to start a round-up of all the Happy Wives Club Members’ best and favorite travel tips. What’s the best travel advice you have ever gotten? Please share in the comments.