Healthy Homemade Guacamole
Oooh how I love to serve up a healthy, vitamin packed, yet tasty meal for my family…but sometimes picky eaters can spoil the whole thing! Except when you serve healthy foods that look TOO GOOD TO EAT! This Healthy Homemade Guacamole is so Yummy and so easy to make! Serve it up as an appetizer with chips, top a Taco Salad or spread a generous amount onto your fave sandwich! Any way you serve it up..your gonna love it!
Nutritious Avocado Facts
- Packed with Protein
- Boost’s levels of the “good” cholesterol HDL
- rich in omega-3’s
- With unique combinations of Vitamins, Minerals and omega-3 fatty acids – Avocado’s help guard against inflammation
- Excellent source of carotenoids..think eye health, Immune system AND Reproductive System!
Not to mention the other healthy ingredients – like Garlic! YUM! You’ve just got to try it!
This Recipe makes 1 Cup of Guacamole (for more just double, triple etc.)
- 1 Avocado – slightly ripened (not mushy..just barely squeezable)
- ½ Tbsp. Fresh squeezed Lemon or Lime – you don’t really have to use fresh
- ½ Tsp. Minced Garlic – Fresh or from a jar
- ¼ Cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 roma tomato – seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro
- ½ Tsp. Jalapeño Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional Ingredients: Water Chestnuts for a little crunch! Splash of Tabasco or any kind of Hot Sauce, 1/8 tsp. or less of Cayenne Pepper
- Also..don’t hesitate to delete any of the ingredients above if you hate. Except the Avocado
Peel Avocado and remove pit.
Put into bowl and mash (I use a Pastry Cutter)
Add: All the rest of the ingredients and stir! Hate to Chop? You can also make this in a small food processor
Now how easy is that!!
Caution: When cutting Hot Peppers of any kind you should wear gloves. Peppers can burn your skin!
Best if refrigerated for at least an hour. Yum, Yum, Yum..ENJOY!
An original recipe from Shari Lynne @ Faith Filled Food for Moms